It is situated near the village of Chromonastiri 12 km from Rethymno.
The large, single-aisled church is dedicated to the Holy Virgin. The year 1864 is carved into the lintel. However, the monastery must have existed as early as the 16th or 17th century. Except for the church all other buildings are dilapidated and of course the monastery is deserted. Since 1991 it has been annexed to the monastery of Aghia Irini.