At the 11th kilometre of the old national road Rethymnon - Heraklion lies the area of Estavromenos (Christ Crucified), where one can visit the Monastery Arseniou. If we continue on the old national road to the East, we arrive at the village Viran Episkopi, where the vestiges of an early-Christian basilica dedicated to Saint Demetrius were brought to light in 1959. The village must have been the Archbishop's Seat destroyed during the Arabian Dominion. Hence, it took the name Viran, that is destroyed. 8 kilometres to the East lies the village Alexandou Hani and after three more kilometres lies the village Perama, which is the commercial and administrative centre of the wider area pf Mylopotamos. Here starts a provincial road that leads to the village Melidoni after 4 kliometres, where one has the chance to visit the cave bearing the same name, which is certainly worth visiting. However, if we wish to arrive at Anogia, we should continue our course on the old national road, and after we cross the villages Agios Syllas and Dafnedes, at the 33rd kilometre we arrive at the village Mourtzana with its Venetian edifices and its lush vegetation. From here, we can turn right and after 4 kilometres we arrive at Garazo, which stands out due to its view and due to its fame as a citrus production area. Afterwards, we head for Axos. After Axos, although we deviate from our course, the village Zoniana with its cave Sfentoni is worth a visit. After a total course of 54 kilometres, we reach our final destination, the traditional village Anoghia, at the northern foot of Psiloritis mountain. From Anoghia it is easy to visit Ideon Andron, which lies at an altitude of 1499 metres, 22 km away from Anoghia.